TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Motion Cycles CC is a South African register business operating in the retail and online retail space within the borders of South Africa. We comply with all relevant South African legislation, which means you have peace of mind when doing business with us.
In terms of the statutory ‘cooling off’ period you have the right to cancel your order within 5 working days of making the purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you may return the goods within 5 working days from receiving the delivery (T&C’s Apply).
Motion Cycles guarantees that all merchandise on the Motion Cycles website will be covered by the South African (local) supplier/importer against manufacturing defaults (T&C’s Apply).
In the unlikely event of a legal dispute arising between Motion Cycles and yourself the High Court has jurisdiction to settle the dispute, as per Motion Cycles’ Term & Conditions.
Ordering & Delivery PolicyYou can expect your order to be delivered between 3 to 5 working days from the date we received confirmation of payment (in case of an EFT) for the order.
- Orders placed after 12:00am on a working day will be processed the next working day. Orders placed over a weekend or public holiday will be processed on the first working day.
- Motion Cycles makes use of multiple dedicated courier partners (depending on area/service coverage).
- Should your parcel, however, not arrive within the specified 5 working days please contact us. We will then contact the relevant courier company to trace the package.
At Motion Cycles we would like you to be 100% satisfied with the merchandise(s) you’ve purchased. We’d happily exchange an item which is faulty or damaged, or may not fit correctly. All merchandises need to be returned in original packaging & tags, etc attached, please do include all email correspondence between yourself and Motion Cycles (email@example.com) relating to the refund (please print it out) and a copy of the delivery note.
Motion Cycles would like all our clients to check on the following before buying online –
- Part(s) Compatibility - sizing & specifications are not universal and differs from manufacturer to manufacturer.
- Apparel, Shoes & Helmets – Try following the size guidance for the merchandise as close as possible or where possible fitting the actual merchandise.
Warranties – https://motion-cycles.myshopify.com/pages/warranties
Exchange or Refund:
1) New Merchandise Returns -
Should you find the ordered item or garment not to your liking, you are welcome to return it to us for an exchange or refund (T&C’s Apply).
The following is expected from you (the client):
- Merchandise must be returned within 5 working days of receipt/delivery,
- Merchandise must not have been fitted or used,
- Merchandise must be accompanied by all email correspondence (please print it out),
- Merchandise must be in the original packaging,
- The client will be expected to pay all shipping costs (send & return),
2) A Motion Cycles Error
Should Motion Cycles have made a mistake with your order, by sending a item(s) that doesn’t appear correct according to your original order invoice, Motion Cycles will happily exchange this item(s) for you.
- We need to be informed off the issue & the merchandise must be returned within 5 working days from Motion Cycles being informed via email (admin@MotionCycles.co.za)
- Merchandise must be in the original packaging
- Merchandise must not have been fitted or used
- Merchandise must be accompanied by all email correspondence (please print it out)
- Motion Cycles’ courier company will arrange to collect & return of the item(s) to the Motion Cycles offices.
3) Damaged/Faulty items
- Some items purchased from the Motion Cycles website, are warrantied. (refer to Warranties) Please note that warranties only cover manufacturing faults and defects, but do not cover damage caused by normal wear and tear or abuse.
- If you feel that your merchandise has developed a fault and should be exchanged under warranty, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to determine whether this is indeed a warranty issue. We will contact the supplier and do our best to sort out you problem.
- If the merchandise needs to be returned:
- Please ensure that the merchandise is clean (in original packaging if possible)
- Merchandise must be accompanied by all email correspondence (please print it out) or a "warranty form" (where applicable, depending on the relevant supplier).
4) Order Cancellation
In terms of the statutory ‘cooling off’ period that applies when buying by means of mail order, you are entitled to cancel your order within 5 working days of ordering, even though the goods may already have been dispatched. Please note that you need to inform us in writing (email@example.com) of your intention to cancel the transaction within 5 working days of ordering.
- Your notice to us must be marked clearly “Cancellation of Order” so as not to be mistaken for a "General returns" where certain administration and shipping fees are applicable.
- Merchandise must be accompanied by all email correspondence (please print it out).
- The client will be expected to pay all shipping/courier costs (send & return). This will be deducted from the purchase price of the items & difference credited (as per correspondence with the client).
Courier charges, if applicable, on orders are calculated taking into account geographical area of the delivery address, as well as weight & dimensions of the parcels.
Pricing of Merchandise
Prices include Value Added Tax (VAT) at a rate of 14%. Prices on the website is updated regularly, and may change without notice. Prices are dependent on International Exchange Rate(s).
When purchasing goods at Motion Cycles, payments can be made by means of electronic transfer or by means of Credit Card (Motion Cycles accepts Visa & Mastercard).
When paying by means of electronic transfer Motion Cycles will process your order on receipt of confirmation of payment.
Credit Card payments are handled by PayFast (www.payfast.co.za) - an independent and secure payment gateway which ensures absolute security when buying online.
Credit Card Security
When you make your purchase by means of Credit Card we will ask you to provide us with your billing address, your card type (Master Card, VISA, etc.), credit card number, cardholder’s name, expiry date and CVV2 number (last 3 digits on the back of your card).
Your detail are not available to Motion Cycles employees. Motion Cycles uses an independent and secure payment portal called PayFast (www.payfast.co.za) to ensure safe, secure and swift on-line payment transactions.
Please note that Motion Cycles might have to phone you for additional details in the interest of Credit Card payment security.
When registering at Motion Cycles, we will ask you to provide us with your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address and telephone number. This information is essential for the processing of your order and to keep you posted regarding the status of your order. Your details will be kept in the strictest confidence by motioncycles.co.za and not sold or made known to third parties.
We would like to keep you informed on any Motion Cycles Specials that we are running at any given time and will also use the contact information provided for that purpose, unless you would prefer otherwise, in which case you may unsubscribe from our mailing list at your convenience. You may rest assured that Motion Cycles will NOT divulge any customer information to third parties under any circumstances.
Cookies are minute files that are stored on your computer. The Motion Cycles website uses these files to remember the preferences you selected for example what items are in your basket as well as various other settings which are in place to make the use of the website simpler and easier. Cookies are important for the proper functioning of the Motion Cycles website or any shopping website for that matter.
Motion Cycles updates stock levels weekly. Should an item become temporarily out of stock, the item will be marked “Out of Stock” on the site. In the instance that an item becomes permanently out of stock, the item will be removed from the website entirely. Due too the nature of the Motion Cycles business model, items & stock availability on a Order, may need to be confirmed from "time to time". If we are in such an unfortunate situation we will be communicated with you directly (via phone call or email), as & when applicable and you may elect to:
- Cancel the order and receive a refund,
- Wait until the item is in stock again (place on Back Order),
- We substitute the item with a similarly quality/priced alternative.
Motion Cycles goes to great lengths to ensure that the content, images, descriptions, prices and information on the Motion Cycles website is accurate. We continuously update content using manufacturer’s and supplier’s catalogues and suppliers price lists. In the event that you come across a mistake, please inform us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you bought something based on a description on the website and the item received does not match the description, we will be happy to give you a refund, as long as the item is unused. Please see Exchange/Refund: Motion Cycles’ error for more information. Motion Cycles reserves the right to decline orders based on inaccurate information.
Changes and Amendments
Motion Cycles reserves the right to make changes to these “Terms and Conditions” from time to time. Motion Cycles will make it exactly clear how we use personal information provided to us by our customers.
Motion Cycles does not take responsibility for any damages sustained or relating to the use of this site albeit, indirect, consequential or direct, data loss, income, profit, property loss or damage and third party claims implied or otherwise.
All content on the Motion Cycles website including but not limited to images, descriptions, code, intellectual property and pricing are the property of Motion Cycles and/or the product suppliers and may not be copied without the express permission of Motion Cycles.